Search

Thursday 14 June 2007

New Mobile - Think HTC


Being a recruitment consultant I am constantly on the telephone, and in a business were speed is of the essence
time kills all deals
need to have constant access to my emails, diary and contact.

About a year ago I wore out a suit a month with amount of gadgets and gizmo knocking around my pockets (Mobile, iPod, Blackberry, Smokes, Wallet, Keys, Door and Alarm Fobs, bluetooth headsets, etc.) and the car was a joke with the amount of cables to connect and charge all of the respecting equipment.

Well that is all over now, recently I am the proud owner of a Orange SPV M650. (Also know as a HTC P3300/Artemis/T-Mobile MDA Compact3, SPV M650, XDA Orbit, Dopod P800)

The phone/PDA is made by a company in Taiwan, that have been making Windows Mobile enabled units for many years under different names or the units have been branded by the respecting carriers, hence all the different names for the same thing, but they have now branded themselves as the manufacturer, supplier and retailer.

Anyway this phone, and I use the term loosely, is rock and roll. It is a touch screen phone, connects to my exchange/email server for emails, diary and contacts, Full Tomtom GPS built in, MP3 player, Camera, FM Radio and PDA out of the box.

One of the down sides to the unit is that it has no buttons, all touch screen, which means you have to do all imputting with the stylus but as there is a huge amount of Open-Source developers in the arena that can do some fantastic stuff to customise your Dog and bone to suit your needs, my current setup makes my phone look, feel and act like the impending iPhone. so I never need to take the stylus out of the unit.

No comments: